Last Updated: Sun Mar 13 11:57:08 AM
Where we’ve been
- Starting to build a personal website using R tools
Where we’re at
- Introducing blog style websites to your toolkit
- Revisiting the question of “What is Data Science” and exploring your DS Niche.
Where we’re going
- Creating a data strategy to a address a business question.
Goals for the week
- Connect to the current state of Data Science.
Tuesday: Finishing websites
We’ll finish creating testing websites using Distill and Blogdown/Hugo using these notes
Thursday: What is Data Science?
You’re here, so obviously you have some interest in DS. But let’s get a little more concrete about your desires, examine the field a bit more, and start dipping our toes into the online professional world of DS.
DDS Ch 1, 16
- Describe a hype cycle
- Identify current DS researchers of note.
- Discuss how the expectations of a Data Scientists have changed in the last decade
- Visualize the bigger picture of DS
- Start your plan for success
Creating a professional website
Distill website demo